In this course there will be a review of the basic concepts to help you create a professional looking presentation with an emphasis on customizing PowerPoint and using the many advanced features to quickly create a well-designed and coordinated presentation.
Duration: Two-Day Course
Platform: Windows Only
Fee: Call for information
We recommend one to eight people for this course.
Creating a Presentation
- Get acquainted with the Ribbon and Quick Access Toolbar in Office 2007 and 2010.
- Get acquainted with the new Backstage View in Office 2010.
- Use advanced editing techniques to create and edit your presentation.
- Use the advanced formatting techniques to create interesting slides.
Creating a PowerPoint Template
- Create a custom theme, color scheme, font set and background of your presentation.
- Create a professional looking slide, title, handout, notes and outline master to ensure a consistent look in your presentation.
- Create and save your own custom slide layouts.
- Save your own custom template and theme based on a presentation you have designed.
- Add Clip Art and photographs to create attention grabbing slides and use the many new pictures effects available in Office 2007 and 2010.
- Construct interesting drawings using the predefined shapes.
- Insert a table to display information in a column and row format.
- Display data more effectively by a creating a bar or pie chart and take advantage of the color scheme in your presentation.
- Produce an organization chart or a pyramid diagram using PowerPoint's SmartArt graphics.
- Convert an existing bullet point slide to a SmartArt graphic.
Running a Slide Show
- Add excitement to your presentation by including special slide transitional effects to your slides.
Animate and Package the Presentation
- Animate the text, objects and charts in your presentation and incorporate movies and sounds into your presentation.
- Learn how to easily trim the video on your slide.
- Add hyperlinks to your presentation and then click on the hyperlink to quickly go to a specific slide, a different presentation, a Word document, an Excel worksheet or an Internet address.
- Save your presentation as a package to ensure all the graphics, movies and files are available for presenting.
Application Overview: Microsoft PowerPoint 2010
Microsoft PowerPoint is a graphical presentation program that helps you create professional, attention-getting presentations.
Creating a presentation in Microsoft PowerPoint involves starting with a basic design; adding new slides and content; choosing layouts; modifying slide design, if you want, by changing the color scheme or applying different design templates; and creating effects such as animated slide transitions. The information below focuses on the options available to you when you start the process.
You can add music and sounds from files on your computer, a network, the Internet, or Microsoft Clip Organizer. You can also record your own sounds to add to a presentation, or use music from a CD.
Admin, Creative, Engineering, Finance, Legal, Marketing and IT Professionals as well as anyone who needs create, edit, assemble, publish and distribute electronic presentations.